My iMessage/FaceTime is "Waiting for Activation?"
Here's how you can get past the "Waiting for Activation" message:
Make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi or cellular
- Wi-Fi: Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Select your home Wi-Fi connection and input your password.
- Cellular: Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data (Toggle Green to enable)
Turn airplane mode on and off
- Before going any further in the troubleshooting of your problem, try turning Airplane Mode on, wait a few seconds, and then turn it off.
Check the time
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time, and set the time and date to Set Automatically. Additionally, make sure the time zone is the correct one.
Turn off iMessage and FaceTime, then restart your device
- In Settings, go to Messages and turn off iMessage.
- Then, in Settings, go to FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
- Reboot your device and enable the two options again.
Reset network settings
- Go to Settings > General > Reset Network Settings.
- Once the reset performed, you will have to enter your Wi-Fi password again.
Update to the latest version of iOS
- To update to the latest iOS version, go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Wait 24 hours
- Apple does suggest it might take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage and FaceTime, there is a possibility that after all the steps above have been completed you still may need to wait about 24 hours for Apple to activate your iMessage. If you still continue to have issues please reach out to our troubleshooting department for further review!