How Do I Enable Visual Voicemail on my Android device?
Step 1: Install Google Voice:
- First, head to Google Play and search for "Google Voice" or tap the link below.
- Hit "Install" to download and install the app, then open it up.
Step 2 Create a Google Voice Number:
- Next, you'll need to create a Google Voice number. You don't need to use this number to get voicemail transcriptions from your regular phone number, but you do need to set it up to use Google Voice.
- Tap "Search" to search through available numbers to link your current number too. You can look for ones that are inside or near a certain city by typing in that city's name. Once you've found a number that works for you, tap "Select."
Step 3 Link Your Current Phone Number:
- Tap "Next" in the bottom-right corner to get to the next screen.
- Enter your regular phone number when prompted, then tap "Send Code" to have Google send a security code to your phone.
- Enter the code on the next screen (it'll come via text message), and you'll automatically be taken to the next screen when you enter it correctly.
- You'll now be asked if "you want to use your Google Voice number when calling from this device's phone app." Select "No."
- Hit "Next" and then "Finish."
Step 4 Enable Visual Voicemail Notifications & Other Settings:
- You'll now be taken to the main Google Voice screen and asked to give Google Voice access to your contacts. Tap "Allow" to do so. Your voicemails will be stored inside the tab with an icon that looks like a tape recorder in the top-right corner.
Now you're all set up to use Google Voice for visual voicemail.